Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Fall Y'all!

I just love fall! Even though I can't see the leaves changing here in Texas, I can still get in the spirit with this cute, cozy fall mantle display! 
 

What you need:

- sharpie marker
- burlap banner
- tape
- scissors
- printer/ paper

I found this great burlap pennant banner at Hobby Lobby for $5.99! It came with 12 pennants attached, so I simply cut it down to the size I needed for my project. If you can't find a banner premade, they are pretty simple to make. Check out the tutorial over at My Love of Style.

Next, I printed the letters on my computer using Century Schoolbook font (size 330).

I then taped my print outs to the window, and one by one traced each letter onto the burlap with a sharpie.


 
 
I really loved how this turned out! Paired with a Pumpkin Spice candle, it really makes it feel like fall, even in the Texas heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts