Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nursery DIY

 


This wall of embroidery hoops was one of my Pinterest inspirations. Since I wanted the nursery to feel a bit vintage, this project allowed me to achieve that while keeping the tone girly, but not too juvenile. Once I chose Kate's bedding (Dwell's Studio Paper Dolls), I chose some fabrics that complimented it. I then purchased embroidery hoops in a variety of sizes ($ 0.89 - $1.30 each) from Micheals and glued the fabric to the hoops. Kate's name was the finishing touch. Each letter was primed and painted in Ballet Slipper pink and hung with 3M picture hanging strips (which are surprisingly strong & sturdy).

 



I had either purchased or made about 50 headbands to adorn Kate's gorgeous head of hair, and lacked a place to keep them. This accessory frame was easy to make (I already had all the materials) and allows me to display a few of the pieces she wears on a regular basis (while the rest are stored away). First I had my husband paint this once red frame, white to match the other white elements in the room. I then used a staple gun to attach the vintage ribbon that once belonged to my great aunt for her hat making projects to the back of the frame to hold the barrettes. I then screwed cup hooks into the bottom of the frame to hang the headbands from.  



The map hearts were a last minute addition above Kate's change table. The first heart is the where her Mommy and Daddy got married, the second, where she was born. I hung them both from Umbra's Orchid wire picture frame from Target (beside a picture of Me and my Mama).

1 comment:

  1. This is too cute!!! Nice to meet you girly! Loving your blog!
    xox
    Ash
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts