Sunday, August 28, 2011

Custom Doormats

Martha has done it again (as if there was ever any doubt). She inspired me with this fabulous Custom Doormat project, and just in time because my front porch was looking a little sad and needed a face lift for our open house.


If I am going to DIY something, I don't mess around. Go big or go home right?
I made my own stencils using sheets of plastic and an Xacto knife, bought 2 cornhusk doormats         (I have a duplex and needed two mats for our two addresses) at Wal-Mart for $6 a piece and went to work with the black spray paint.

In order to prevent the spray paint from bleeding, I used carpet tape to secure the stencils to the mat. I'm so glad we just finished renovating and had some on hand because regular masking tape just wasn't doing the job and I would have ended up with a total mess!


Here are the the finished products drying on the front porch...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts